Knee Stuff
I look back on the past couple of weeks and although stressful I cannot help but laugh at my extremely odd sense of humor. Anyone who knows me knows that I am terrified of needles. Not the pass out on the floor kind, but the thought of one heading my elicits an internal panic attack. The only thing that makes this fear worse is that I have virtually no detectable veins. The typical medical solution to this is to use me as a human pin cushion and jab me relentlessly until my body just gives in.
After numerous tries, the hospital staff were able to get an IV in me to help with the pain. A couple days later my surgeon came to check on my status and confirm what I was fearing... the fluid on my knee and the swelling had to be relieved or there was a possibility that my leg would not be able to be straightened- permanently. In my line of work, we would call that a problem.
In strolls the doctor, carefree, large ominous looking needle in hand. I know this is for my own good so I punch the button on my PCA (pain medicine machine) and try to plaster on a smile. Looks like this is gonna hurt.
Hey Doc.... how big is that needle again?

Wait, let me hit the magic button again... ok... go


Now, as he is working, the doctor- being the keen fellow that he is, realizes I am taking pictures of this and starts to chuckle. He begins to hold poses for me so that in my medication induced state of euphoria I can capture the moments on my cell phone.
He even let me hold the cup...

Labels: Knee Stuff

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home